We’re on the hunt for a ridiculously talented web designer to join our agency full-time in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. If you’re passionate about design, obsessed with the web, and enjoy creating elegant user interfaces people love, we should talk.
People Matter, Objects Don’t is at the core of our design and development approach, leading to the creation of gorgeous, intuitive, standards-based interfaces that people love. It means websites that render beautifully and that are wonderfully usable on mobile and tablet devices, understanding that people are choosing to connect to the internet—and thus to each other—using a wide range of platforms. It also means websites that are exceptionally easy to update client-side via open source content management systems, giving them maximum flexibility and agility as marketing platforms.
Joining our team in our Halifax studio, you’ll find our People Matter approach applies to how we work too – we prefer fun over drama and think proper espresso and a nice record player are must-haves in the office. Plus, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, vacation and the right kit for the job — including a MacBook Pro, and a Haworth Zody chair.
- hand-code responsively with HTML5 and CSS3
- design incredible interfaces that are both beautiful and functional
- tell the difference between Helvetica and Arial
- juggle a number of projects at once
- write and speak with confidence
It’d be even cooler if you:
- shoot great photographs or have illustration skills
- have experience with SASS, WordPress, JIRA and GIT
- tweet, blog or Tumble regularly
- understand prepress, because print matters too. sometimes.
How to apply
We’re most concerned with your work, not where you went to school or what agencies you’ve worked at. While we appreciate any and all applications, keep in mind that if you can’t hand code your own interface design work, we just aren’t interested – print designers need not apply.